Farmer's blues
Who'll buy my wheat, who'll buy my corn,
谁会买走我的小麦,谁会买走我的玉米,
To feed my babies when their born.
我还要养活我就要来到这个世界上的孩子.
The seeds and dirt, a prayer for rain, that I can use.
还有我的种子和土地,祈求天降甘霖 急我所需.
I work the land, I watched the sky,
我在田地里辛勤劳作 抬头凝望着天空,
I talk to God and wonder why,
我和上帝对话 深深思索,
But it's the only life I know, these Farmer's blues.
这是我唯一熟悉的生活 这些就是我一个农夫的忧伤.
I see the seasons come and go, sending rain, fire and snow.
四季交替 ,周而复始 雨季 旱季 冬季.
I'm at the mercy of it all, this life I choose.
我被这些东西支配着 还有我选择的生活.
Sometimes I hang my head and cry,
有时我会低头而泣,
when That evening train goes by,
当夜晚的火车呼啸而过,
Wish it could take me far away, these Farmer's blues.
我真的期望它能把我带去遥远的远方连同我的忧伤.
The tractor's old, the fence is down,
拖拉机老化了 篱笆又倒了,
Put own my suit and go to town.
穿上我的礼服去趟城.
And ask for a loan, that I know well, they might refuse.
询问一下贷款的事宜 我就知道 他们肯定会拒绝我的.
But back at home, still by my side,
返回家中 在我的身旁,
The one I love with worried eyes,
我的爱人眼睛里闪动着忧伤,
Waits for me, to love away, these Farmer's blues.
等待着我去安抚 哎,这些都是我一个农夫的忧伤.
作为一位艺人和写歌人,Merle Haggard是二十世纪六十年代最重要的乡村艺术家。 Haggard在六十年代初成为贝克斯菲尔德主要乡村音乐人。在保持他的核心乡村音乐之余,他将乡村音乐的范围扩大很多。如同他的偶像Bob Wills一样,Haggard的音乐也是一个各种传统美国音乐的熔炉——乡村、爵士、蓝调和民谣——混合在一起并发展成他鲜明的独特风格。不论作为艺人、歌手或音乐家,他都是最好的,并影响了很多的美国乡村音乐歌手,他获得大小乡村音乐奖项无数。
|